Sunday, May 9, 2010

music to my ears, treat to my soul

it's been a musical morning for me. sunday mornings are always a bit difficult to concentrate at work. i have been immersing myself in all my favourite tunes...rabeendra sangeet by arnob. lalon geeti. going to youtube and listening to one song after another...aahh ..they make my soul as light as feather. as if my soul floats in the "Shurer Dhara". what would be a good translation? the symphony in the ether?

wish we could bring all religious fanatics, fundamentalists, racists in one room and make them chant this Lalon geeti as a soul purifying ( as opposed to brain washing) exercise.
jat gelo jat gelo bole
eki ajab karkhana
shotto pothe keu noy raji
shob dekhi ta na na na

jokhon tumi bhobe ele
tokhon tumi ki jat sile?
ki jaat hoba jabar kale
shei kotha keno bolona

brahman chondal kamar muchi
ek jolei shokoler shuchi
dekhe shune hoyna ruchi
jome to kauke charbena
gopone je beshhar bhat khay
tar jater bolo ki hoy?
lalon bole jat kare koy
ei bhrom to gelona

0 comments:

Post a Comment